When a Bartow County Sheriff’s Office deputy arrived at the scene about 3 a.m., the husband said his wife, Jacquita Jealwon Green, admitted burning all of his clothing and shoes because the husband had not told her that he had purchased a cellphone, the incident report stated.
Upon questioning by the deputy, Green admitted guilt, but she also accused her husband of throwing her clothes and a mattress outside the residence. She also alleged that he threw a metal rod at her.
Green was arrested and charged with criminal damage to property second degree under the Family Violence Act.
“All of this could have been avoided if he hadn’t lied about the cellphone,” she told the deputy.
Copper wire stolen from
A BCSO deputy was dispatched Monday to investigate a possible break-in at a vacant residence in Cartersville.
A complainant told the dispatcher that he saw a male, possibly Hispanic, attempting to break into the residence through the garage door. Upon arrival, the deputy found a blue, two-door truck in the driveway and heard noises inside the house.
As the deputy and his back-up approached the broken garage door, a man emerged from the opposite side of the house and was immediately handcuffed, according to the incident report. The man, Christopher J. Buchanan, dirty and covered with spider webs, said he was just getting some hay from the barn for his chickens.
He also said he had entered the house but didn’t take anything. The deputy entered the home and discovered that every cabinet door was wide open. In the back of the truck, the deputy found two bags of residential copper electric wire, a hammer, a pry bar and a bale of hay.
Buchanan was arrested and charged with burglary, possession of tools for the commission of a crime and having no insurance for the truck.
Home damaged by fire
Bartow County Fire Department units were called to a Highway 140 home between Adairsville and Folsom late Monday evening.
According to BCFD, stations 2, 10 and 15 responded to the residence about 10 p.m. to find a back door ablaze. The door was lost to the fire and the interior suffered smoke damage.
No one was home at the time, and the Bartow County fire marshal has not determined whether the fire was a result of arson.