Ronnie Evans and Carlos Calhoun were appointed to the Bartow-Cartersville Second Joint Development Authority, while Eric Strickland, Evans, and Paul Battles were chosen for the Joint Development Authority of Bartow and Pickens counties. Tracy Lewis was appointed to the Development Authority of Bartow County and Kevin Garrin was selected for the Region One Emergency Medical Services Council. Jane Drew, Butch Emerson and Tommy Strickland join the Cartersville-Bartow County Tourism Council.
In other business, Taylor:
• approved the sale of two surplus county vehicles.
• approved a fiscal year 2014 Department of Transportation capital agreement to provide transportation service for Bartow County.
• approved a rental agreement with the Georgia Judicial Council to rent office space in the old courthouse.
• authorized 56 malt beverage license renewals.
• approved two rezoning applications. RZ963 would rezone 10.6 acres on Hawkins Road from A1 to R4. RZ1954 would rezone 75 acres from A1 to Business Park District with the condition that an access be provided to Great Valley Parkway.
There are no commissioner meetings planned for the remainder of December.