Bomb threat at Walmart
by By Shaka
May 27, 2012 | 1522 views | 0 0 comments | 5 5 recommendations | email to a friend | print
Staff Report

An unknown male called Walmart early Saturday morning claiming there was a bomb in the 101 Market Place Blvd. store.

"There is a bomb in your store," the individual told a Walmart employee shortly before 3:13 a.m. According to the employee, the call came from a private number and the voice was male approximately between the ages of 15 to 25 years old. The employee told the man to hold for a manager and the caller hung up.

The Walmart manager had the store evacuated. Bartow County Sheriff's Office deputies and several Walmart employees searched the store for any suspicious items or packages. They found nothing.

Later that same morning, a male called again with another threat. According to BCSO, investigators will work with phone providers to Walmart to attempt to discover the number that called.

Anyone with information on either of these incidents is asked to call the BCSO Criminal Investigations Division at 770-382-5050 extension 6029 or Crimestoppers Tipline at 770-606-TIPS.

'The walrus crawls at night'

A Kingston woman claims an unknown individual has entered her residence -- leaving a toilet seat up and a water bottle on the fireplace.

According to the BCSO report, the woman said she and her boyfriend do not buy or drink "Dasani" water. Furthermore, the toilet seat is always down in the bathroom.

The woman did not find any items missing or damage to the residence. However, her boyfriend did receive a phone message at work from an unknown male prior to the incident.

The male said, "Tell [the boyfriend's name] The walrus crawls at night, he'll know who I am." The woman said they do not know who left the message or if it was someone they know joking.

Grass, woods fire threatens structure

The Bartow County Fire Department responded to a grass-woods fire Saturday afternoon by Ga. Highway 293/Kingston Highway, protecting a structure in danger.

According to BCFD Sgt. Lisa Hahn, Stations 7, 2, and the Battalion Chief arrived at 3:39 p.m. on the highway near Law Road. A quarter to half-an-acre was in slow burn, threatening a power substation. Kingston Highway was shut down briefly and the fire was controlled at 3:56 p.m. Hahn said the cause "could have been anything."

The stations returned to service at 4:22 p.m.