“It’s really a proactive approach that may head off future issues,” County Administrator Peter Olson explained. “Some of those issues include definitions of property and nuisance issues.”
Olson pointed out that although the original code had a concise definition of drilling, it didn’t make any mention of the rapidly growing technique called hydraulic fracturing or “fracking.”
The four-page document listed updated definitions in drilling, blighted prophecies and nuisance abatement.
In other business, Taylor:
• Reappointed Larry Holt to the Bartow County Development Authority;
• Approved agreement with Traylor Business Services to conduct;
• Approved contract with GDOT to relocate sewer and gas lines near SR 20;
• Allotted surplus county property for disposal;
• Contracted with Ace construction for repairs to the Rose Lawn Carriage House.