Emergency personnel were dispatched to a Sugar Valley Road residence in Cartersville Tuesday afternoon in response to a call of a young boy with facial and body burns.
The child was airlifted for medical treatment around 6:40 p.m.
Bartow County Fire Department Battalion Chief Darrell Abernathy said the child's injury was from a small fire in the corner of the residence's garage.
As of press time, there was no additional information available on the extent of the boy's injury or the cause of the fire.
- Chamber holds ribbon cutting for sexual assault center
- Police announce 'one of the largest methamphetamine seizures in Adairsville history'
- Autism Coffee Talk set for Thursday
- Cartersville church hosts health, mental wellness fair
- Woodland High grad grapples with pro wrestling through feminist perspective